HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Fro

avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-07-22
Location : Thanet

PostSubject: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:17 pm

London House school of English was founded in 1965 and was relocated to another property a few years ago. The site is adjacent to Greenwich Court and is subject to a planning application.

London House was previously called Canterbury House, about which I failed to find any history on't interweb. However, there are artefacts to be found on site to suggest a sketchy history. In the early 60's there's evidence that the building was used as a convalescence home and during the Second World War it was used as an officers mess/billet for at least 151 regiment Royal Armoured Corps.

On with the pics:

Gound floor:


Flakey paint behind the kitchen


And some on the stairs


Medicated bum-wad. Place your order now!


The best lino I've ever seen!


Basement:




Upper floors:


Turret seat


Ultimate paint flake!






Bits and bobs:




Anti gas ointment


Page from a one-time-pad


This is in much better condition than Greenwich Court and in my opinion the original features have been better maintained.

I found quite a few letters and bits of paper hiding about the place which date from the early 40's through to the 70's which really made it for me.

Thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
wevsky

avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 47
Location : thanet

PostSubject: london house school of english   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:58 am

you have been a busy MR fro havnt you..we did this a while back but was at night so didnt take a huge amount of pics..nice report tho mate theres alot of derelicts over that way:)
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Mr Fro

avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-07-22
Location : Thanet

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 pm

wevsky wrote:
you have been a busy MR fro havnt you..we did this a while back but was at night so didnt take a huge amount of pics..nice report tho mate theres alot of derelicts over that way:)
Not exactly epic but it kept me busy for a few hours. A couple of the others have been properly boarded up so I guess the builders will be moving in soon.
There's one more over that way that I want to do but it needs a bit of time spending on it.
Back to top Go down
wevsky

avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 47
Location : thanet

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Mr Fro wrote:
wevsky wrote:
you have been a busy MR fro havnt you..we did this a while back but was at night so didnt take a huge amount of pics..nice report tho mate theres alot of derelicts over that way:)
Not exactly epic but it kept me busy for a few hours. A couple of the others have been properly boarded up so I guess the builders will be moving in soon.
There's one more over that way that I want to do but it needs a bit of time spending on it.

if your on about the one down same road where its been auctioned off and theres a bungalow with big lights next to it good luck
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Mr Fro

avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-07-22
Location : Thanet

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 am

wevsky wrote:
if your on about the one down same road where its been auctioned off and theres a bungalow with big lights next to it good luck

Nah, I've done that one already. I was thinking a few doors the other way...
Back to top Go down
wevsky

avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 47
Location : thanet

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:04 am

Mr Fro wrote:
wevsky wrote:
if your on about the one down same road where its been auctioned off and theres a bungalow with big lights next to it good luck

Nah, I've done that one already. I was thinking a few doors the other way...

ah i think i remeber where u mean we parked in the main driveway but there was people moving about from building next door getting in their cars etc
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Obscurity
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:15 am

nice report there dude, i visited this place ages ago now with fortknox0. It was in mint condition then. We found load of old letters and packaging laying round. Its a nice building. As for the other one...i think i know where you are on about. (deaf school) i gave it a go a while back but the building to the right of it is live and we got caught trying to get in lol. Round the back is a way in :-) or there was. Did you see the swimming pool at the back of this one?
Back to top Go down
http://urbandecay.heavenforum.com
Mr Fro

avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2010-07-22
Location : Thanet

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Obscurity wrote:
nice report there dude, i visited this place ages ago now with fortknox0. It was in mint condition then. We found load of old letters and packaging laying round. Its a nice building. As for the other one...i think i know where you are on about. (deaf school) i gave it a go a while back but the building to the right of it is live and we got caught trying to get in lol. Round the back is a way in :-) or there was. Did you see the swimming pool at the back of this one?

I really like this building, it's a shame it's going to be turned in to flats. The swimming pool is pretty knackered although there is a handy roll of lining of anyone fancies mending it. Very Happy

I don't know if the place down towards the pub is still do-able, it looked sealed tight to me - I had a poke around it back in May, my 28dl report has been binned though! I can bung them up on here if anyones interested.

The place on my wish list doesn't look too bad, it's not been touched in months - don't know about alarms though...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   

Back to top Go down
 
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» September 2010 tcg banlist
» George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin eyeing up £3million manor of Downton Abbey producer
» Koa'Ki Meiru Deck (Need Help With)
» Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular Crivello/Combs/Ragone - 26 September 2010 7pm: The Musical Chairs Edition (or "I’ve got this seat and it’s f$%#*%$# golden!")
» George Clooney's house in England

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: UE Site Reports :: Schools and colleges-
Jump to: