HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obscurity
Admin

PostSubject: Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010   Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 am

I visited this place in March 2010. It had been one of many on my list but had never wanted to travel to it with not a lot else in the area. I had visited it once before but didn’t get in as the police were in the area and asked us to leave before we even got to the wall. After visiting Essex with my girlfriend I decided to crack this one on my way back. What a place, the grounds are amazing and the building is beautiful. Upon entering the building it was clear that it had become irreparable and the damage was immense, some being caused by previous visitors and some by Mother Nature. The building had a very eerie feel about it and noises could be heard throughout the explore although no-one was there. I have tried to reflect my view of the place in my photos; a very spooky and dim building.

History:

The school occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) in 1855 by the banker Edward Lloyd, who moved there after marrying. The house and estate remained in the family until just after the First World War, when it was then sold and eventually became the Bedgebury Girls Public School.

The school closed around 1999 and has been abandoned ever since. Due to the theft of its lead roof, water damage is now sadly causing the buildings to collapse. However, it is now owned by a property developed and expected to be converted into private apartments at some point in the future.

1. The Rear of the Building

2. The Front of the Building

3. Looking up what would have been a very grand staircase

5. Looking Down the Stairs

6. One of the Many Corridors

7. The Heart Of the Building

8. One of the Lovely Bay Windows

9. And Another

Thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
http://urbandecay.heavenforum.com
wevsky

PostSubject: Bedgebury girls public school    Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 pm

i just saw some bloke from facebook who added me from 28days put this up knew id seen it somewhere and sure enuff here it is Smile nice stuff my kinda place Smile
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Mr Fro

PostSubject: Re: Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010   Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Very nics Obs. Great location and awesome photo's - you're captured the place perfectly!
Back to top Go down
wevsky

PostSubject: Re: Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010   Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Mr Fro wrote:
Very nics Obs. Great location and awesome photo's - you're captured the place perfectly!

still standing but worse condition so im told
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/

Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1