HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

hello..new camera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wevsky

PostSubject: hello..new camera   Sun May 09, 2010 2:26 am

right this is not ue related as such but i yesterday bought a sony a230l..manfrotto modo tripod on order..now ive put a few pics up just to say hi as quality really sucked due to camera fone..just wanted a quick bit of feedback on my new camera and as so far how ive worked it all out..let me know if quality is better..well it will be..and also my dog loves being on the net so a few dog pics to show off me new camera!,,SORRY bout size forgot to resize them!

right quick not i dleted the original pics from photobucket think these where the ones lol

Right as i say only just got camera way too much to work out like apature and long exposures being what i need to get sorted for Ue..just wanted a bit of feedback as i havnt bee able to get out and re photograph the places ive been..will be soon tho.cheers

Last edited by wevsky on Fri May 14, 2010 4:43 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : pics got deleted)
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Swiss

PostSubject: Re: hello..new camera   Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 am

some nice photos there mate Very Happy
looks like your getting on well with your new camera
Back to top Go down
wevsky

PostSubject: new camera   Thu May 13, 2010 5:31 am

well thx mate..ive got settings stored for my tunnel shots long exposure light painting..just getting used to the manual settings for everyday use instead of the presets thos i think was on a preset..thing is ..iso settings..the help tips that come up when u scroll thru the values eg 100-and upwards,well 100 says for use on sunny days higher it goes says for darker...i understand longer exposure this doesnt apply so 10 second exposure iso on 100 or 200 and with just one street lamp area id focus'd 2, not using torch to paint was great street light was enuff,turned iso up higher and came out whiter i think..so the settings seem reversed on long exposure ,ill get the hang of it all,i really am a novice to dslr! and a tad confused Shocked
Back to top Go down
Obscurity
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hello..new camera   Fri May 14, 2010 4:27 am

nice attempt mate, they are actually quite nice photos, well exposed, focused and detailed Smile

As for yuor above comment. Unless light is a serious issue and you just cant capture somewhere with a long exposure (like a mine or train tunnel) then you want to keep your iso at about 200. When shooting general photography then a flash is fine is some cases (it really all depends on how you want the photo to look) a flash with expose the foreground but the background will be dark (good for macro). Without a flash you will get an evenly lit photo. Rather than using manual or pre sets, try using the A setting on your camera. The is your Apeture priority setting. This means you can adjust your apeture (F level) and your exposure will be automatic. The camera will determine the correct exposure required to evenly light a photo. This gives good results with the newer Dslrs like yours and usually gets the photo pretty spot on. What a Face
Again you should try to keep your iso at around 200. If the image blurs due to you not having a tripod then try to lower your F level, this will give a shorter/faster exposure, if blurring is still a problem then you can put your iso up. This will give a whiter image as you put it and will lower your exposure further thus reducing blur. For hand held photos then make sure your super-steady shot function is turned on but whilst using a tripod then switch it off as it can confuse the camera and your images wont be as clear! And finally remember that as you increase your iso then the noise in your images will increase so when using high isos the images will be a poorer quality to those shot at 100-200 iso Very Happy

This should help you out mate and im sure you will get it soon enough...just keep at it.
Back to top Go down
http://urbandecay.heavenforum.com
wevsky

PostSubject: Re: hello..new camera   Fri May 14, 2010 4:35 am

cheers matey ive tinkered with the a setting and adjusted the F setting will keep at it..and the pics arent there cos i accidently deleted them..ill bung some of the dog back up lol:)
Back to top Go down
b9y

PostSubject: Re: hello..new camera   Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:23 pm

I wouldn't want to fuck with your dog! XD
nice images though!
Back to top Go down
wevsky

PostSubject: Re: hello..new camera   Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:29 am

b9y wrote:
I wouldn't want to fuck with your dog! XD
nice images though!
mate my dog is a big girls blouse he likes obscurity and just about anyone who comes round..big softy really
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello..new camera   

Back to top Go down

hello..new camera
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1